Shield Membrane: Shield Membrane is made of Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU). TPU was first developed in 1937. The material is renowned for many things including its: high elongation and tensile strength; its elasticity; and to varying degrees, its ability to resist oil, grease, solvents, chemicals and abrasion. A special property about TPU is its segmented structure, which is composed of hard segments (HSs) and soft segments (SSs). As temperature rises, the soft segments expand and tiny pores are formed on the membrane allowing water molecules to go through. In cold weather however, SSs tighten up and close up those pores. Consequently the strength and the insulation properties of the material increase dramatically, which helps to keep the wind and dirt from entering the cover and minimizes the chance of wear and tear by wind and cold weather extending the life of the cover. At Hentex we developed a special process laminating TPU to the outer and inner shell creating the SHIELD outdoor cover.
- Adjustable click-close hem cord to secure your cover on windy days
- Patent-pending side window/handle for easy handling and ventilation
- Durable, anti-tearing, anti-scratch fabric
- 2-way ventilation system: via ventilation windows and breathable fabric
- Soft Velvet for the inside fabric protects your furniture
Water Proof And Breathable
- Water resistance > 6000mm H2O
- Revolutionary Shield porous membrane layer with structure allowing vapor to come through
- Solve the problem of regular PVC cover that cause mold and mildew to form inside the cover
- Such material is widely used in wound dressing, outdoor clothing, etc situations that moisture evaporation is required.
Color Fastness (Platinum Series)
- Solution dyed polyester fabric will not fade over time.
- Carrots (Same color all the way through) vs radishes (Only the outside is color dyed) difference
- 1,500 UV hours
- -35° to 350°f without cracking
- Will withstand extreme weather condition